03 October 2010

Sunday, I am grateful...

... for a healthy dog.

For those of you who have been following my blog for a while, you will know of my wonderful dog Toshio. I am so very grateful for him! I thought I would give you a bit of an update about him.

Back in August, Toshio was running with a stick. Unfortunately, the stick got stuck into the ground while he was running and it stabbed him in the throat. We did not know about it - I wasn't even out on that walk - until a few days later. He was acting a little pouty and dramatic, which he sometimes does for no reason. Then, we noticed his neck was swollen. Long story short, emergency surgery had to be performed at the emergency vet hospital to explore the 1-2" deep wound and drain the abscess. Stressful for all of us, especially Toshio who had to stay at the hospital for a handful of days. After he was healed and lampshade was off, he got a foot infection that has been on and off. We don't know what it is though our vet has ruled out allergies. Needless to say, it has been a little stressful regarding Toshio and his summer wasn't very fun.

Today, I felt like a bad dog mom. I'm getting sick and was tired. Toshio needs a good run to wear off all that energy but we have to be careful with his feet. He saw a dog (who's owner, by the way, is super annoying and a disrespectful old fart), bolted, and didn't listen to me. I put him on leash, he pulled, and I feel like I ruined his fun. I felt like a bad dog mom. A ruiner of dog fun. I'm whiny when I feel sick.

Luckily, dogs have such a forgiving heart. He still loves me. He still thinks I'm a good dog mom. I'm grateful for that.

No comments: