21 February 2010

Sunday, I am grateful...


... for taking the time to smell the roses and enjoying those wonderfully quiet moments in life.

I haven't done a Sunday Stealing meme in a while, as my sister was visiting me. So, here's a little catching up and wasting time with a cup of coffee by my side - it's long, since it's from last Sunday and this Sunday, so pull up and chair and make yourself comfortable (or fall asleep, that's okay too!).

The Clown's Meme
1. How old will you be in five years?
Eeep, 38.

2. Who did you spend at least two hours with today?
My partner and my dog Toshio.

3. How tall are you?
5'10.

4. What do you look forward to most in the next six weeks?
The right answer should be "getting a job". The actual answer is going to see Leonard Cohen's art exhibit.

5. What’s the last movie you saw?
1962's The Brain That Wouldn't Die.

6. Who was the last person you called?
My mom.

7. Who was the last person to call you?
My sister.

8. What was the last text message you received?
No cell phone.

9. Who was the last person to leave you a voicemail?
I can't remember.

10. Do you prefer to call or text?
I don't have the text option so, I suppose, call it is!

11. What were you doing at 12am last night?
Um, writing a letter while watching an episode of Beverly Hills, 90210 on DVD. Which part of that am I slightly embarrassed to admit?!

12. Are your parents married/separated/divorced?
Still married!

13. When is the last time you saw your mom?
January the 5th, 2010.

14. What color are your eyes?
Brown.

15. What time did you wake up today?
10:30-ish.

16. What are you wearing right now?
Faded skinny-ish jeans and a 3/4 sleeve retro Michael Jackson concert shirt that used to be like a nightgown on me when I was a kid - it finally fits. I'm not a MJ fan, really, but the shirt fits amazingly. Really wish it was something like Iron Maiden though. Ah well.

17. What is your favorite Christmas song?
I'm a fan of seriously starchy Christmas songs sung by dramatic mens choirs that frighten you like We Three Kings and Good King Wenceslas. No, I am not religious.

18. Where is your favorite place to be?

I have many favorite places to be. It depends on what's going on. In general, I guess it would be "in bed".

19. Where is your least favorite place to be?
Same as above - there are many places I don't like to be. On a plane, in a room full of idiots, at work. In the bathroom on a plane when it hits turbulence. That's a good answer.

20. Where would you go if you could go anywhere?
I wish I could go home more often. If I were to take a holiday, it would be Portland, Oregon so I could visit one of my best friends.

21. Where do you think you’ll be in 10 years?
This is a tough one. I miss my family dearly ... but I have a life here too. I don't know where I will be. I really have to figure out a bullshit answer for this questions for upcoming job interviews. Help?

22. Do you tan or burn?
I avoid both.

23. What did you fear was going to get you at night as a child?
ET, when he's powdery and sick. Why the hell did my parents take me to that movie? I still cannot watch it!

24. What was the last thing that really made you laugh?
Laughed with my partner about this episode of 90210 where Steve starts smoking marijuana. I find it funny how television shows have a "drug episode" and make marijuana out to be this evil gateway drug. I guess I was laughing at the phoniness of the episode. It was also really late and I can laugh about just about anything when I'm ready to crash.

25. How many TVs do you have in your house?
One and it's old. No disturbingly large status symbol flat screens in my house.

26. How big is your bed?
Queen and low to the ground.

27. Do you have a laptop or desktop computer?
Mine's an old laptop. It's heavy.

29. What color are your sheets?
Right now, a dark purple fitted sheet with a rose flat sheet, duvet is white with wine colored flowers. A little mismatched.

30. How many pillows do you sleep with?
We have four on the bed but I sleep with one. When I get me one of those jobs things, I will buy myself a new pillow - do I ever need one!

31. What is your favorite season?
I'm fond of spring.

32. What do you like about Autumn?
I like it when it's still warm enough to wear a sweater and skirt with tights, sun shining just right, and the color of the leaves.

33. What do you like about winter?
I'm not sweating off my makeup.

34. What do you like about the summer?
I can NOT wear pants for the majority of the time and my skin looks fantastic.

35. What do you like about spring?
The color GREEN after a long winter.

36. How many provinces have you lived in?
Two - Manitoba and Quebec. Way back when, I wanted to move to British Columbia but it was just too expensive for me.

37. What cities/towns have you lived in?
Two - a small town in Manitoba and here in Montreal.

38. Do you prefer shoes, socks, or bare feet?
They all have their time and place.

39. Are you a social person?
I claim that I am not a people person but, if the moment is right, I can be very socially charming.

40. What was the last thing you ate?
My partner's friend just brought over flatbread pizza so that and a tall cup of coffee.

41. What is your favorite restaurant?
There was this fantastic Ethiopian restaurant in Winnipeg that I adored. I can't remember the name.

42. What is your favorite ice cream?
Mint chocolate chip. But it has to be green or it's no good. ;P

43. What is your favorite dessert?
It really depends on my mood. However, I had the freaking best piece of lemon-curd pie this past week. I don't think no other lemon pie could ever compare to the slice of heaven I had at Lemeac.

44. What is your favorite kind of soup?
Oh, how I love soup. My favorite to make is potato leek. But I do enjoy me a good butternut squash.

45. What kind of jelly do you like on your PB & J sandwich?
I prefer homemade tart raspberry jam.

46. Do you like Chinese food?
And how!

47. Do you like coffee?
I'm drinking it right now.

48. How many glasses of water, a day, do you drink on average?
Oh jeez, let's not go there. Probably not enough.

49. What do you drink in the morning?
Typically, a glass of water and then a huge cup of coffee.

50. What non-banking related card in your wallet is the most valuable to you?
I suppose it would be my health card.

51. Do you sleep on a certain side of the bed?
Right side.

52. Do you know how to play poker?
Nope.

53. Do you like to cuddle?
I do. Lately, my back issues have been making that difficult.

54. Have you ever been to Canada?
I am Canadian and I live on its soil.

55. Do you have an addictive personality?
It depends on what man from my past you ask. ::winkwink::

56. Do you eat out or at home more often?
At home. There's something completely satisfying about making your own meals - when you have the time to devote to it.

57. What do you miss about high school, if anything?
Goofing off in art class with my friend Darren, skipping classes to smoke cigarettes with Darren and company, and just the simplicity of it all (and FREE art supplies!).

58. Do you know anyone with the same birthday as you?
Lon Chaney, Jr.

59. Do you want kids?
No thanks. I'm happy with my dog. I would love to be an Auntie but that ain't looking good either.

60. Do you speak any other languages?
Bad French. Such terribly bad French. Je parle un peu Francais.

61. Have you ever gotten stitches?
Dental stitches after my wisdom tooth extraction.

62. Have you ever ridden in an ambulance?
No, but I have ridden in a limo driven by someone who is a paramedic. Does that count?

63. Do you prefer an ocean or a pool?
I don't swim ... but I think I would prefer an ocean but I'd really love a hot tub.

64. Do you prefer a window seat or an aisle seat?
I used to love flying and now I despise it (I blame Lost). Needless to say, I don't want to see sky out my window. I'll take the aisle seat, please.

65. Do you know how to drive stick?
Only in the bedroom. Heh.

66. What is your favorite thing to spend money on?
Well, if I had money to splurge - it's a toss between MAC makeup and books. Right now, all I can afford to buy is food. Anyone wanna give a pretty bookworm a jorb?

3 comments:

I am Harriet said...

Lon Chaney Jr? Too funny.


Have a great day!
http://harrietandfriends.com/2010/02/someone-asked-me-do-you-want-kids-like-it-matters-now/

Monday Mayhem is now posted!

SnoopMurph said...

Hi there! Just reading through. I watched 90210 religiously way back when it was actually on (we are the same age) and also embarrassing to admit, but true.

LOVE MAC makeup too-just thinking about going back to play at the counter.

I scanned through some of your other posts-impressive idea to blog photos for 365 days. Really cool.

Linda
http://snoopmurph.wordpress.com/2010/02/23/sunday-stealing-the-clowns-meme-2/

Me said...

I am Harriet-
I will totally have to do your Monday Mayhem on my other blog one of these days! Thanks for popping by! :)

Linda-
You know, I never cared for 90210 until it was in reruns ... I used to scoff at it back then (rebellious headbanger phase, ha ha). I'm glad you like my blog ... I'm off to visit yours!

~Linda