27 January 2010

Wednesday, I am grateful...


... for having a job interview today.

So, it went alright. Okay. So-so. I wouldn't say terrific but I wouldn't call it terrible either. Let's just say that I didn't feel like going out afterward to do some celebratory shopping. It was an interview and it's been forever since I had a reasonably professional one at that. It involved many different kinds of testing and filling out copious amounts of paperwork, ending with an interview.

What can I say?

What kind of person am I truly? Quiet, hard working, follows instruction, happier in a small environment, something with routine and the atmosphere where I can truly be myself (in dress, in personality, in humor). I hate to say it but the older I get, the harder it is to genuinely smile in your typical job interview. The questions are just as forced as my answers. No, I don't know where I'll be in two years. No, I'm not really a team player unless I love my job. No, I'm not really enthusiastic ... the way people usually define enthusiastic. I'm quietly enthusiastic.

What I want is a job that makes me happy and feel satisfied. I'd do *almost* anything to work from home but I don't know what I could do. Any suggestions, my grateful friends?!

No comments: