13 January 2010

Wednesday, I am grateful...


... for doing my best to make it through winter.

I have always found January difficult. Not only I am coming down from the holidays but I become officially sick of the cold, dark days of winter. I am certain that I am an ideal candidate for seasonal depression so I try my best to make it through - with gratitude, with the simple things that I enjoy (like getting lost in a good book), with those close to me, with exercise, and with my dog. Some days, it's not so easy but I keep on trying. :)

As for the photograph, I took this one when I was back home. It is considerably colder in Manitoba than here. Often, frost and ice will decorate the windows and I am always fascinated with it. It's a little piece of beauty on a cold winter day.

No comments: