31 January 2010

Sunday, I am grateful...


... for unexpected visits from friends bearing comfort food ... at the perfect moment when I'm craving something to indulge in!

It's Sunday again and I will participate in Sunday Stealing's Meme madness. Here goes nothing!

The Pretentious Blogging Meme
1. How long have you been blogging?
I started my first blog in early 2002 on DeadJournal.

2. What made you start?
I started to help me through a devastating heartbreak. I know, how dramatic!

3. Who inspired you?
The boy who broke my heart. I'll always love him.

4. About how many hours a week would you estimate you spend on your blog?
I have a ton of blogs. I don't write in many of them. Some are very public, like this one. Others are completely secretive. And then there are the ones that I don't write in at all anymore, sadly. I don't spend that much time doing it, in all fairness.

5. What kind of experience or background do you have with writing?
I have life experience and a couple of very wonderful muses! *wink wink*

6. Talk about how you come up with blog topics. Where do you get your ideas?
This blog deals with recognizing all the simple things in life and feeling grateful for each and everyone of them. I don't have "ideas" - I just try my best to open my eyes and see how I am blessed, no matter how silly or insignificant it may seem to me or others.

7. What or who inspires you and your blog?
This blog is inspired by life and simplicity and all the things we are blessed with in life.

8. Where and/or how do your brainstorming for your blog?
Life and all the things around me. I think more people should notice all the kindness around them and stop to feel grateful.

9. Do you have any blogging rules or guidelines you follow?
I don't have any rules other than not feeling guilty if I don't write everyday. As well, I don't throw in any photos of friends that I have who do not wish to have an online presence.

10. Is there anything you will not blog about?
I won't go into detail about my family or post photos of anyone that I know that doesn't want their face plastered all over the internet. If I am in a bad mood when I post on my gratitude blog, I will not go into details just because I'm in a pissy mood. What I discovered from my very first blog and being dramatically in my mid-20s was that the internet is a very small place and if people want to find out what garbage you are saying, someone you know WILL. I keep private things private.

11. Do you have any sort of a publishing schedule in terms of day of week or topic?
I try to do this as daily as I can. I did take a very long hiatus though but I'm back to the point where I need to be reminded of gratitude again ... so I'm back at it. It's daily and it's about gratitude, including a photograph taken by myself.

4 comments:

I am Harriet said...

Wow- 2002 is a long time ago. Congrats!

Have a great week.
http://iamharriet.blogspot.com/2010/01/cheers-to-all-of-us-thieves.html

Join us for Monday Mayhem!

Me said...

You know, I re-read that old blog from time to time and I cringe! So many bad typos and such stupid drama - hahaha. Oh well, life in your 20s is like that ... I suppose!

I'll have to do Monday Mayhem on my other blog! :)

~Linda

Americanising Desi said...

awwwwwwwwwww heart breaks are really an OUCH reason :(

hugs!

http://fart-in-a-jar.blogspot.com/2010/01/pretentious-blogging-meme.html

Me said...

Heartaches are totally an OUCH reason ... but writing it out, no matter how idiotic or dramatic it sounds, always helped me out! :)

~Linda