24 January 2010

Sunday, I am grateful...


... for pretty and sunny winter days. Just having the sunlight around certainly changes the mood of nearly everyone!

As I did last Sunday, I will be doing another meme from Sunday Stealing. This one has more of a negative twist, if you choose to see it that way. I don't - if we don't vent out what irks us regardless of how silly it is, every little detail will eventually eat us up inside.

The Negativity Meme
Foods which disgust the crap out of me:
Sushi (vegetarian or fish - all give me the "no feeling") and lamb (tastes like an old hairbrush).

TV show I loathe:
Since moving to Montreal, I rarely watch television. I do when I go back home to visit my family and I have to say that it has gone downhill. I loathe most programs on TLC - reality shows about couples with millions of children or the morbidly obese just irritate me.

Movie I loathe:
None are coming to me other than this French film I saw years ago called Leolo. The only reason because these children abuse a cat in it. Otherwise, I don't necessarily *loathe* a certain film. If I do, I'll probably remember it at four in the morning.

Music genres I loathe:
"New" country and boy band/manufactured pop music. As well, I have a low tolerance for Celtic music.

Magazine which annoys me:
I don't read enough magazines to be annoyed by one.

Makes me cranky at restaurant:
If the person I am with keeps texting during the meal and conversation. Oh, wow ... does that ever make this gal cranky.

Makes me cranky in public:
Loud teenagers, people texting and walking right into you (but it's your fault because you are in their way), people who stand too close.

Makes me cranky in general:
Oh, this list could be long. See above and add: certain noises/music during certain times of the month, people who keep asking if I have found work, people who think it's a challenge to analyze me out in the open, etc etc.

Pisses me off at home:
Receiving phone calls at inappropriate times. Neighbor upstairs and how he slams the door, almost knocking the mirror off the wall. Oh, I'm sure there's more.

Pisses me off at work:
I'm not working at the moment. In my last job; it was the lack of communication between the ladies in the very small office, the lack of space which brought out all the claws in those ladies, and having to always be the shoulder to office complaints. It's mentally exhausting.

Pisses me off in general:
Okay, define "pissy" and "cranky" because I see them in the same light.

Makes me impatient at home:
Waiting on the partner to do certain little things. I realize they can be done at any time ... but my OCD brain wants them done in a certain order. So, I guess I make myself impatient at home.

Makes me impatient at work:
How slow the time goes!

Makes me impatient in public:
Wait time for a metro and it's usually when there's loud and annoying teenagers around.

Celebrity I hate:
I don't "hate". I can say that I dislike Bono and the way he goes about things (like making the general public guilty about not saving the world when U2 has a massive carbon footprint). Okay, and Ashton Kutcher and his tweets are pretty annoying too.

Music artist I hate:
There's a lot of musicians I don't like. See above, regarding Bono.

I could care less about:
I'm thinking too long on this question so I will skip it.

Annoys the crap out of me weekdays:
You know, I'm not working so weekdays seem like weekends. I suppose the only thing to be annoyed with during the week is the lack of interesting jobs for me to apply to.

Annoys the crap out of me weekends:
Going to the grocery store. Too insane.

Blogger's habit that annoys you:
Spammers that advertise their blog in your comments space ... with no comment about your blog and their spam is something totally opposite than what your blog is about (like technology in India, for example).

Feature on your blog you hate:
I wish it looked more professional and less clumsy. I hate my lack of patience to make it look better.

Movie star you despise:
I don't despise anyone ... but I will say one thing, Michael Cera's quirky young adult charm is wearing really, really thin.

Politician that you hate:
I don't hate. I'm sure there's some politicians here in Quebec that I don't like.

2 comments:

kalea_kane said...

Good answers. I don't get Ashton K's tweets thankfully, but he annoys me when I see his commercials for cameras.

Me said...

Oh, I don't get his tweets either ... it just amazes me that people follow them! I don't get his camera commercials either ... thank goodness! :P

~Linda