29 November 2009

Sunday, I am grateful...


... for completing the NaNoWriMo challenge! I wanted to do this writing project for a long time coming and it is finally completed, thanks to being unemployed (having that much time on my hands to do the things I enjoy) and this challenge. During this month of writing, I can honestly say it was like a roller coaster ride. There were happy moments that I forgot about, sad moments I have tried so hard to forget, and moments were I thought that I sucked and I should give up. When I wrapped things up last night, I felt like the circle to my story was complete. And, oddly enough, I felt proud of myself (which I rarely feel). I realize that what I wrote is not the next best piece of writing. It's simply a story that I wanted to tell for a long time and I didn't believe in myself enough to commit to telling it. It feels good.

A big thank you goes out to Penny Lane who told me about the project in the first place! Congrats on finishing NaNoWriMo last night as well!

No comments: