13 August 2008

Tuesday, I am grateful...



...for my two little furry nieces that I will be meeting for the first time, a week from today.

I've accepted the fact that I will never be an Auntie. My sister and her husbands have such big hearts that they have turned their home into a small petting zoo. They love rescuing animals.

When my sister came out to visit me, she got to meet her "nephew" Toshio. She's been around dogs before but never lived with one (much like how I was before Toshio). Toshio became her best buddy, following her around and giving her kisses. He was so terribly sad when she went back home. He even refused to eat that day.

Toshio must have won her heart because they ended up adopting two little dogs. They were found in a home where someone horded animals. These two had to be adopted together and not many people are up to that challenge. It's been a challenge, to say the least, but they love their dogs and are giving them a loving home finally. I can't wait to meet them! Mae is a pomeranian mix and the little shaggy terrier mix is Minnie.

So, now I'm an Auntie to two dogs, five guinea pigs, and a goldfish!

No comments: