19 August 2008

Saturday, I am grateful...

In lieu of photograph, today I will be posting a link to a website I found on Saturday.

As I was surfing the internet with help of Firefox's StumbleUpon, I came across a wonderful non-profit organization called The Mother Bear Project.


The Mother Bear Project invites knitters and crocheters to create a teddy bear (you can buy the pattern off their website) for children from struggling nations who have HIV/AIDS. I was very touched by this idea - the comfort of a teddy bear for a child - and ordered the pattern right away. I will admit, my knitting skills are not that great but I'll make a trial run at it and see what happens.

Please, crafty friends, go to the website now!

3 comments:

clashfan77 said...

Thanks for this, I'm always looking for new charity knitting!

Kelley

MeAgain said...

This is a awesome idea. Hope you don't mind but I've pilfered it.

Me said...

No problem! :)