08 August 2008

Friday, I am grateful...


...for surprises from faraway friends and cheesecake!

Have I mentioned to y'all that I really need to upload all the photos I have taken over the last few months? Once again, this is a recycled shot. However, it is cheesecake and it goes with the theme!

My friend and his wife sent me a surprise hand-delivered cheesecake today. I can say that I have never had a hand delivered cheesecake before! They're in Arizona and found a place in Montreal to deliver it. Wow, what a treat! It made me laugh that the both the card it came with and the little plastic sign on the cake said "happy birthday". It's not my birthday, not even close. Just a little joke between us regarding birthdays and ninjas. Don't ask.

It was a very sweet gesture and I'm very grateful for that. I hope one day I will be able to meet his wife and his daughter and the little one that's on it's way.

2 comments:

Wendy said...

That has got to be the best gift ever!

p.s. I'm so happy you're blogging again :)

Cristina said...

What a cool blog - thankful in pictures! Thank YOU for such a suggestion! :-) I find that being thankful is one of the best things we can do for ourselves.

I wrote a page on being thankful that you may find relevant:
http://www.the-benefits-of-positive-thinking.com/being-thankful.html

Have a brilliant day!

Cristina