29 April 2008

Tuesday, I am grateful...


...for treating myself to fancy bars of homemade soap!

I don't treat myself to too many things and it's about time that I did! When I was at the vet's office with Toshio a few weeks ago, the receptionist gave me a sample of handmade soap from a nearby business. I couldn't get enough of this 10g sample of raspberry and cream soap. I was impressed too - I love raspberries and it's rare that you find a body butter or soap that smells good and not like artificial raspberries. I still have the second sample in my purse because it smells that great.

So, I took a walk to the shop on a bright, sunny day and splurged! I bought a couple of bars of lavender and vanilla bean for my mom for Mother's Day. For myself, I came home with jasmine and calendula (which smells interesting), satsuma and guava (which smells bright and invigorating), and raspberry and cream (which is simply heavenly). The shop was airy and friendly - you weren't knocked out by the aromas of many different smells like in some body shops. The owner was a sweetheart. She gave me a sample of the satsuma and guava body butter which I want now!

Check out her shop's site - Mooka. I swear, the best bars of soap...ever!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you for treating youself! A girl needs to splurge on these types of things every now and then. The soaps sound heavenly! I must check out their site.

V.

Anonymous said...

Okay...I just checked out their site and the soaps look good enough to eat. The raspberry looks yummy! Are you sure its soap.ha.

V.