28 April 2008

Monday, I am grateful...


...for trying to help myself.

I couldn't find the right photo to capture the feelings of anxiety. So, you'll have to deal with a shot from Christmas time - ha ha. I guess Christmas equals anxiety for some!

Another one of the reasons why I took a little break from the blog was because my anxiety was so incredibly high. I even took time off work to decompress. I know I am not the only one out there that has anxiety or experienced panic. Knowing that is reassuring, in a way. It helps me talk it out with others. My anxiety is more or less on the mend, if you will.

A few weeks ago, I swallowed my pride and found someone to talk to. A professional. And some may say that I shouldn't announce that but on the other hand - why should I be ashamed or keep it hush hush? Yes, I've been seeing a therapist. And honestly, it's been a good thing for me. Not only that, I am grateful that I am getting things off my chest. I am trying to find a way to determine what worries are reasonable to worry about. I am grateful that the government has people to talk to like this for free because I wouldn't be able to afford it otherwise.

It's good to talk to someone.

No comments: