03 March 2008

Monday, I am grateful...


...for being back on here! I am grateful for feeling a little bit better, for taking some time for ME, and for all the life around me. Oh, and for the most beautiful handmade belated birthday card I have ever received - thanks, Vanessa! Pink and black and polka-dots!

Here's the story of my absence. I ended up getting that nasty cold virus that everyone seems to have experienced this winter. It totally wiped me off my feet, for all the wrong reasons. Work is much calmer than it was a month ago but I think the stress is finally coming out of all of us. Over the last week or two, I have been feeling a little off. Without going into the terribly un-sexy details - I am waiting on some results from my doctor to see if I have a kidney infection. However, my doctor also noted that these symptoms of mine could entirely be stress/anxiety related. After being sick, dealing with work, and going through weeks worried about my grandmother (that I will not talk about here but will say that things weren't looking too good for her - it's a really emotional subject for me) - I honestly think it all built up inside of me. Yes, I'm crazy just like the rest of the world!

So, I'm trying to be positive and more upbeat. I have a lot of things to be grateful for. I shouldn't worry so much. I'm loved, I have a good family here and back home, I have a wonderful partner who is pushing me to learn the ukulele so he has someone to play with, and I have a beautiful dog who never ceases to amaze me.

Tags: , , , , , , ,

2 comments:

Solomon Broad said...

Good to see you back. And the card is really pretty!

Me, Myself & I said...

I'm not sure if my first post saved....

...glad to see you back and hope you are feeling better! I'm happy to see that your card arrived safe (and in one piece...I was afraid the rhinestones would fall off!).