01 January 2008

Tuesday, I am grateful...

Colorful presents under the tree

Glittery Santa boot that has graced our tree ever since I was a kid.

Tiki posing for the camera.

My grandmother's wacky retro flooring.

Late night Scrabble, a board from 1954.

...for finally relaxing at home and visiting with family.

On my second day of my Christmas vacation, I spent it at home with my family. It was nice and quiet - just how I like it. I spent time with my parents, sitting around the tree and talking about nothing in particular. I like looking at my mom's Christmas tree because there are so many old ornaments that remind me of when I was a child - like that glittery Santa boot. My cat was very charming that day, as you can see in the above photograph. Usually, she does not like to pose for the camera. Later in the day, we went over to visit my grandmother. Since I doubt my family wishes to have their faces posted all over the internet, I took a photo of my grandmother's very retro floor tiles. This too reminds me of being a child, fascinated with the wacky stars all over their floor. I ended the evening with a sleep deprived game of Scrabble with my mom. It was a lot of fun!

Happy 2008 to one and all! I hope your New Year's Eve was safe and full of good memories and midnight kisses.


Tags: , , , , , , , , , ,

4 comments:

Me, Myself, & I said...

Welcome home!
It sounds like you had a nice trip (minus the storm). You took some great pictures. I particularly love your grandmother's floor. How very cool.

Me said...

Thank you! I hope your holidays were lovely and stress-free!

~Linda

Mr. Mantia said...

I love the neat flooring at your grandmas.

Kim Thomas said...

The glittery santa boot has also been on my moms tree since I was a little girl. Same exact one!