03 January 2008

Thursday, I am grateful...


...for my favorite blue blanket.

Now, saying that makes me sound like I have some childhood issues. I must note, this is not my childhood "blankie". This is a garage sale find, purchased about five or six years ago. I don't know what it is about this blanket but I have the best sleep ever whenever I cocoon myself in it. And that's what I do. I cocoon myself in this blanket. It is so worn-in that it feels perfect against bare skin. However, it can be dangerous if you have to be somewhere early in the morning. If you are cocooned in this blanket, you are guaranteed to stay in bed for hours while marveling at how wonderful this two dollar garage sale blanket is. It is simply beautiful. Best sleep ever.

And that was my fourth day of my Christmas holiday. I slept in and I didn't take any photos other than this. I can't actually remember what I did this day but I suspect I spent another quiet evening at home with my family. A lot of my social plans fell through during this trip, which kind of bummed me out.

Tags: , , , , ,

2 comments:

Me, Myself, & I said...

Cocooning must be a girl thing. I get accussed of that all the time!

Mr. Mantia said...

Hooray for blanket cocoons!!!
I had a blanket like that once, it had Canadian geese printed on it. Theres something about how worn out blankets feel that make them so comforting. I got a new blanket for
X-mas, it's very very comfortable and I love sleeping in it, I just hope it stands the test of time.