28 January 2008

Monday, I am grateful...


...for indulging in me-time.

Ah, I know. It's been a while. I guess you can say I took a little vacation from being online. It wasn't just this particular blog. I was avoiding the computer altogether. Oh, I thought of plenty of things that I was grateful for but all I really wanted to do was go to bed early, have nice dinners, and relax with a good book. So, I guess you can say that I am also a little bit grateful for staying away from the computer for a handful of days.

I'm a little stressed, I won't lie. Work has been something else - stressful, tense, and basically not fun to go to lately. I am, as always, worried about the things that go on back home. My grandmother is indeed feeling better which I am also grateful for. There are just a handful of emotions and feelings that go along with the situation - guilt for not being there, selfishness for feeling "old", and concern over a loved one's health. My own health is simply okay. I've been feeling dizzy again since December and I'm waiting on the results of my blood tests. This week, my partner had a cold that he generously gave to me! Ah, I think my being away from the computer is justified.

I'm going to try my best to keep up here but I warn you: if my work gets any more stressful, I just might need another little break away from my desk to keep me sane!

And for those who keep asking: I am *almost* at 365 posts on here. I didn't start at the beginning of January last year so that's why I'm still plugging away on this blog!


Tags:
, , , ,

3 comments:

Mr. Mantia said...

so when you reach the 365 mark will you be done? I think your an excellent writer & I always enjoy reading what you have to say. Have you ever thought about a job writing articles in newspaper columns or for a magazine?

Solomon Broad said...

That biscuit looks delicious, and me-time is always worth it.

Me said...

Mr.M...
I think I'll probably keep on with the blog. I'm not tired of it yet and I know that I certainly haven't taken my camera out as much as would like to so far this year!

I think I'm at post 350!

Solomon...
Me time is, I agree, always worth it!

~linda