13 December 2007

Wednesday, I am grateful...


...for feeling like a kid again. What a perfect time of year to do so, don't you think?

Last night, my partner and I took our dog out for his midnight walk. It was snowing again and it was the perfect snowfall for snowballs and snowman making. Near the end of our walk, I mentioned how it has been years since I made a snowman. I started to make one and my partner joined in the fun. He can sure make a mean base for a snowman, I must saw. My torso was okay. Anyway, we were about to put the torso on the base. That's when Toshio jumped in on the action and killed our snowman! He stood on his hind legs and began to dig and destroy! Though we did not finish our snowman, we got a good laugh and I felt like a kid again to play in the snow.

Today, we had a slow day at work as we waited for the new project to begin. That's was when I was called onto a special mission! I can't tell you too much other than this - I was sent to the North Pole to be a helper elf. You see, Santa Claus has been very busy at this time of year. The elves have been very busy too, making all the toys for all the boys and girls. Santa and Mrs. Claus needed a little extra help answering some of the letters (especially the English ones). Being the good girl and elf that I am, I helped Santa with his English. I had the pleasure of reading some very sweet and funny letters from children with Santa and the reindeer. That's all I will say. *winks*

And one last thing. I'm also very grateful for not spraining my ankle or breaking my thumb when I fell down some stairs at work this evening. Good thing I wasn't carrying those "yule logs" at the time - although, that would have been very funny! HA!

Tags: , , , , , , ,

4 comments:

Me, Myself, & I said...

Is this your tree? I hope Santa puts a few things under there with your name on them. After all, you did help him out today on your special mission.

Me said...

HAHA, yes...it is my tree. Don't laugh. It's really quite a Charlie Brown tree. We just don't have the room and I just didn't have the time to go get a bigger tree. So, this has to do for now! Each year, I acquire just a little more Xmas stuff so that it doesn't overwhelm Scrooge...I mean, "Z". haha....

By the way, we got your card! Thank you so much! :)

~Linda

Me, Myself, & I said...

Thank you, Z and Toshio for your card. I laughed when I read it (the comment about the mantle) because we can totally relate! Toshio looks great...so regal! And yes, hopefully, we'll be able to visit in the near future.

Me said...

Haha, I'm glad you had a laugh there....and I'll be sure to tell Toshio that he looks regal! :)

Happy holidays!