31 December 2007

Monday, I am grateful...

The snowstorm that screwed up my travel plans.


My little Tiki cat.


...for having a lovely holiday back home, even though it was cut short and completely rushed.

Much like my summer holiday back home, I will be posting a photo diary of my trip, since I took a photograph every day, and telling you why I was grateful for that particular moment. I hope you all enjoy!

My Christmas holidays back home was nice, as always. And as always, going home at Christmas means that everything is rushed and hectic with everyone. I approached the holidays with a stress-free attitude due to the fact that I did my shopping early and I avoided the mall by shopping at small, mostly independent shops. Trust me, you aren't as stressed out and hating the holidays if you do what I did. My trip back home was cut short by two days due to a major snowstorm in our end of the country (see above photo). I didn't get to fly out until Tuesday, which was kind of a bummer. I don't travel well either - I always feel a little dragged down for the first few days after the plane ride. I had basically a week to work with - add in family and the holidays - so there wasn't much visiting with friends, which still saddens me (at not seeing them and my expectations of seeing them).

On my first day back home, I took one photo and it is of my cat Tiki. My Turkey-Cat. I was grateful that I finally did make it out there and that my flight was safe and sound. I was grateful that I was on the same flight as my friend Jerry, who also is a former "Pegger" who lives in Montreal. I was grateful for getting to hang out with my brother-in-law who picked me up at the airport - I never get to see him because he's constantly working. I was simply grateful to be back home, curled up on the old couch and watching bad television with my parents (I only get a few channels on my "farmervision" here so I really only watch tv when I go home). It was nice. It was good to be back.

By the way, I intended on launching another 365 project or two for January 1st but it's been hectically lazy here and I'm running a little late on tweaking the site and my ideas! I'll let you know when they are up and running!


Tags: , , , , , , ,

2 comments:

Me, Myself, & I said...

So you are continuing on with another year...you are brave! Keep us faithful readers posted.

Happy New Year to you, Z. and Toshio!

Me said...

Well, I didn't start this until sometime in late January last year. And then I took a few weeks off for going back home in the summer and for Christmas. I've yet to reach 365 posts! Soon though...soon...

Happy New Year to you and Mr. Oilcan! :)