27 November 2007

Tuesday, I am grateful...


...for being lucky enough to cross paths with amazing and beautiful animals.

Once again, I do not have the photo that I wish to post. However, it is close enough and I can tie it into my little story.

Yesterday, one of my best friends lost her dog Ripley. My friend is, of course, heartbroken. It's never easy losing a pet. And saying "pet", doesn't even fit. There are family members in fur suits. I guess you can say that I am grateful that I got a chance to meet Ripley, even though I wasn't much of a "dog person" back then (my friend lives in the USA so I don't get to see her much). I understand the relationship between a dog and a person more deeply now. Though they can be a lot of work and they can test your patience, the bond is amazing.

My favorite memory of Ripley, the crazy Weinheimer : when he jumped over the couch to sit beside me, only to knock over scalding hot tea all over myself.

She was a beautiful dog with a beautiful spirit. I'm glad I met Ripley and I'm beyond grateful for my friend Felica. I wish I could be there to give her a hug and support her in this painful time. Instead, I gave Toshio a big hug and kiss and told him that I love him. That's the best I can do.


Tags: , , , , , ,

2 comments:

Mr. Mantia said...

yeah, I'm worried how I will handle my bird dying. He's pushing 20 something years. I dont think Cockatiels live much longer.I hope your friend finds her dog so she can enjoy it's company for the rest of it's life.I love how you can communicate with an animal and not actually speak it's own language, it's such a good feeling.

Me said...

Hey...

When I wrote "lost", I meant that her dog passed away. She was 10 1/2 years old and her baby - poor thing. I actually met her dog a couple of times, when I traveled to Texas when she lived there.

You've never shown me pics of your bird!

~linda