12 November 2007

Monday, I am grateful...


...for noticing beauty so early on a chilly autumn morning.

I've been working a few early shifts lately, like this morning. I'm far from being a morning person - I'm often amazed that people get up for work this early and are able to function. The moment I leave the house, all I can think about is curling up under a mountain of blankets and going back to sleep, especially when the mornings are cold.

And then I see beautiful things and I'm glad that I'm awake. It could be some passing and random kindness from one stranger to another or it could be something like this tree, which I've admired every fall.

Tags: , , , ,

2 comments:

MommaCat said...

Lovely

Allie said...

It is a different planet very early in the morning. I hated gettign up early when my old job required it, but the beauty of life waking and the culture of the early-birders... it does make it pretty cool.