26 September 2007

Wednesday, I am grateful...


...for having a lovely September so far and for all the colorful leaves that are starting to show.

It's been a nice autumn so far. It's been really warm for the most part (yesterday was 29C!), I'm still not wearing pants (oh, how I hate wearing pants!), and there's still a lot of green on the trees. I like it that way. As much as the leaves are pretty when they change color, it's a reminder that winter is around the corner. And I'm not a fan of winter. I like the first snowfall, fluffy flakes around Christmas, and huge snowfalls when I'm not at work and I have food in my cupboards. Once it hits December 28th, I get angry at the fact that it's cold and I'm wearing pants. Pants, grrr!

Anyway, I will try not to think of the winter just yet. Let me enjoy September just a little longer!


Tags: , , , , , ,

3 comments:

Solomon Broad said...

I was listening to the weather report today, and it said that we're due to have a frost tonight. I think I'm going to take the dog out earlier tonight.

Nice pic of the Virginia Creeper. It always looks so "warm" at a cold time of year.

Me said...

Ah! That's what it's called...a Virginia Creeper! I am not well versed in plants nor am I surrounded by someone who is anymore.

Where are you located to get frost? We haven't had any yet...in fact, the days have been rather lovely but you just know that it's going to be cold soon!

Solomon Broad said...

I'm in the UK. The milk was really cold when I fetched it in this morning. :D