11 September 2007

Tuesday, I am grateful...


...for those who provide good customer service when you are shopping. I am also grateful for not turning into a dread PMS monster today when I received less than stellar customer service.

I don't mean to toot my own hoot here but I simply did not have a random photograph of a great customer service rep. When I managed the music store, I was awesome at customer service. I bent over backwards to please my mostly regular clientele. I made sure to smile a friendly smile. I never, ever made them feel stupid even when they ranted and raved to me about the latest Eric Clapton release. I made them laugh. I made sure that they stay at the music store was a good one. Though I got paid peanuts, I cared. When I left, my regulars were saddened by the news. I got cookies and bouquets of flowers and even remain in touch with a few of them via email.

This morning, I went to Blockbuster to rent some movies. Last week I purchased their "passport" coupon book, mainly because I received good customer service. I spent a good chunk of change and I updated my address. They got it completely wrong and, in the process, removed my name off of my partner's card. The gal at the counter kind of treated me as though I was some sort of movie rental criminal, since the phone number and my name was not on the card. I could go on and on, as I am hormonal and sensitive - ha ha. It just was so unnecessary. What ever happened to "the customer is always right"? Well, for once, I want to be the customer that is!

Anyway, I shouldn't complain. Instead, I am grateful that once upon a time, I gave awesome customer service!

Tags: , , , , , ,

2 comments:

Kirthi said...

that was some really good thoughts.. i'm sure ur customers must have missed u when u left d music store!

nice blog...

Anonymous said...

You can service me any day babe!

whoot whoot *arm swinging in air*

;)