04 September 2007

Tuesday, I am grateful...


...for trying my best to look on the bright side of things.

I'm completely beat and my day hasn't even begun. We woke up at seven in the morning, which is tragically early for us. First, it was construction - they started working on the end of the street back in May or June (for one day) . Finally, they picked today to start it up again...at seven in the morning. I rolled over with a pillow over my head. Ugh, and then the dog started throwing up. I guess he was chewing on a stick outside and yakked up a mess of bile and twigs. Oh, and then my partner had to deal with Inglis Appliances on the phone. Our oven has been broken since August 21st. They have told us they would come three times already to fix it but not once have they showed. Worst customer service ever!

However, there is always a bright side. I'm grateful that I am going into work today to help out with some data entry. I'm grateful that the sun is shining and the sky is blue. I'm grateful for this huge mug of coffee that sits before me. I'm grateful that our apartment no longer smells as strongly skunk - the neighbor's dog got sprayed last night and the odor drifted into our place.

Tags: , , , ,

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It all sounds very reasonable.

:)

Cheerio,

Me said...

Which part? The throwing up twigs or always looking on the brighter side? haha.

~Linda

Me, Myself, & I said...

Hang in there! I hope things start to look up for you.

Me, Myself, & I said...

7 am..ugh...I know what you mean. Today I am taking a day off and woke up bright and early at 530 am. Why couldn't it be that easy on days when I HAVE to get up that early.

Me said...

Hey Vanessa!
Ugh! I know what you mean....that's what usually happens when I take a day off or have one (when I am working). I'm far from a morning person too.

Z has been dealing with a really nasty case of hayfever/allergies so he hasn't slept well in weeks. I think that day was the first time we were both sleeping peaceful, grr. Z has these sneezes that can wake the dead, it's so loud, poor guy.

~Linda