27 September 2007

Thursday, I am grateful...


...for being back on a regular schedule of getting paid. Yippee! It's payday at work! And yes, I believe I have used this photo before but it's the only shot I have with money in it, fake or not.

It's nice to get a pay cheque. A hard earned, well deserved pay cheque. It gives me a sense of satisfaction. I like going to the bank and seeing how much I have saved. I like thinking about what I could spend with the money I have saved. Mind you, this pay cheque is nothing to brag about and I know it will be gone before I know it. Sigh! Anyway, with starting work again, it pushes me into doing my (half-assed attempt) budget and trying to save a little more money here and there. I'm determined to pay off one of my credit cards by the end of the year too. Sometimes I think my financial life would be much easier if only I could get rid of my student loan. Going to that particular school and getting a student loan - nope, that I am not grateful for! Long story...

If anyone knows a good system of budgeting or even a program that would help me do one, let me know at 365daysofgratitude@gmail.com !

Tags: , , , , , , ,

2 comments:

Me, Myself, & I said...

You got to love the paycheck. It's one of the best parts of the workday.

Have you tried Microsoft Money? I "tried" that. It seemed like a good program but I just wasn't diligent enought.

Me said...

Oh, I do love me a good paycheck! :)

I think my brother-in-law uses that program and I think he has the same reaction as you. He uses it but doesn't seem too impressed. I don't think we have that on our computer. And I don't like downloading things on Z's computer because chances are...it'll kill the computer and he'll be mad, haha. It's happened before, oops. :S