23 September 2007

Sunday, I am grateful...


...for discovering the little things you enjoyed as a kid have made a comeback.

When my friend Ren was in town, she asked her son what he wanted her to bring back from Montreal. He said he wanted "Montreal candy". I found her a candy store and came across one of my favorite childhood things. Some kids collected baseball cards. We collected Wacky Packages (and we may or may not have collected Dallas cards around the Who Shot Jr? hype). Now, Wacky Packages were super cool. They were funny, the art was great, and some were actually kind of disturbing. Click HERE to check out the website with new and old artwork/cards. So, at the Montreal candy store, I bought my partner and myself some Wacky Packages for old time's sake.

Tags: , , , ,

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember my uncle john giving me his old collection of wacky packages when I was a kid. I loved those things. I also love the newer ones too. where you into Garbage Pail Kids
too? the art on GPK's still inspires me to this day when I cant think of things to paint.
-- Jacob --

Wendy said...

I love Wacky Packages! I think I still have my old Wacky Packages sticker album somewhere.