22 August 2007

Wednesday, I am grateful...


...for catching an accident before it could have got any worse!

My friend Nicole is in from back home. We decided to get all girly in the kitchen. I made some pizza dough and set it aside to rise. In the meantime, she made some cookies and placed it in the oven.

Within five minutes or less of cooking in the oven, there was a strange electrical short with sent a spark of blue-white through the stove element and within the stove. We immediately shut the oven off and the entire apartment smelled of burning electrical bits. A repairman will be coming tomorrow and, thankfully, the oven is still on warranty.

It could have been a lot worse. Though I am irked that we cannot use the oven, I am just glad nothing caught on fire!

Tags: , , , ,

1 comment:

Marie said...

wow...so close one. what a huge relief, isnt' it? oh, by the way, since when are you good at cook? hehe just kidding. i wish i could taste a pizza you made.