25 August 2007

Saturday, I am grateful...


...for pretending to be a tourist in my own city.

It's been a busy few days for me! No complaints - I'm having a lot of fun and getting a lot of exercise. As well, I've been playing tourist with my out-of-town friend - that's her in the above photo. As you can tell, I love taking photos whether they are good or not. I find that a part of me is still a little insecure and shy to whip out my camera in public and start snapping shots. Anyway, Nicole and I have been exploring the city and taking a lot of photographs, seeing a lot of interesting things. It's wonderful to have the company and it's wonderful to explore your own city.

I should do that more often! Anyone want to play explorer with me!?

Tags: , , , , , , , ,

3 comments:

Kim Thomas said...

I would love to explore with you! I love your blog, there should be more gratitude in the world and you always make me remember that!

Leah J. Utas said...

Playing tourist lets you discover your own back yard and see it in new and different ways.
As for whipping out your camera in public, well, the best way to get past that is to keep doing it.
I'd go exploring with you in a hearbeat. I used to be welded to my camera and it's been difficult weaning myself from it.

Me said...

Aw, thank you, Kim! :)

And, Leah, I will keep doing it! The more I get used to the idea, the more I just want to go out and have fun with my camera!

And I'd love to go exploring with you two, too! :)

~Linda