14 July 2007

Saturday, I am grateful...


...for flowers that grow amongst the weeds. There is beauty in all the nooks and crannies. Sometimes, you just have to look a little closer or a little harder. And sometimes, it is difficult to notice beauty when you are surrounded by many ugly things. Don't let this post concern you - I'm in a sleepy but surprisingly pleasant mood!

I'd like some advice from my loyal readers, though!

I'm going home in a few days so I will not be able to post entries. I will be taking photographs and making a daily note of what I am grateful for. Now, I'm curious - would you be interested in seeing 11 photos-of-the-day to make up for those days or do you just want me to take a break only to come back like nothing happened and provide you with a link to my photos? Or both?! And do you know what kind of flower this is? I'm guessing it is a Hollyhock but I'm no expert.

Tags: , , , , ,

2 comments:

Amy said...

Today is the first day I have seen your blog, and I love it! I used to keep a list in high school of things to be grateful for. Doesn't it make the world seem brighter somehow?

As for your conundrum, I would love to read more, but I think you should take a break! I am a big believer in vacation....

Me said...

Hi Amy!
Aw, I'm really glad you like it! I used to write down what I was grateful for too - I've been attempting to do that for a long time but I always seemed to slack off. It does brighten my world a little more to stop and notice all those little things! :)

Yeah, I will take a break...but I still think I will try my best to post twelve photos...haha...I think I am trying to prove to myself that I can commit doing this for 365 days!

Hope you keep visiting my blorg!

Linda