09 July 2007

Monday, I am grateful...


...for being knocked down a notch, every once in a while.

It was rainy this morning. My partner was getting ready to take our overly hyper dog out for a walk. He cursed at the lack of umbrella, admitting he must have left it in the band's van. In my head, I could only feel bitter rage - how could you leave my expensive, trusted umbrella behind, what am I supposed to do on my walk to the optometrist today!? Look like a raccoon when my mascara runs down my face? Yarg!

In the grand scheme of things, a lost or misplaced umbrella is clearly not the end of the world. However, we all feel a little frustrated at one point or another over truly silly things. After my rage settled, I calmly looked in the closet and there it was. I felt like a fool for getting so angry and wasting energy on something so pointless.

Tags: , , , , ,

2 comments:

Solomon Broad said...

It's not a waste if you learn from the experience.

Me said...

Very true!

~Linda