19 June 2007

Tuesday, I am grateful...


...for treating myself to something new.....finally! Yesterday, I went shopping. I'm not the kind of gal who loves to shop, loves to spend her day in the mall. Quite honestly, it annoys me. I like to save my money, I like to avoid crowds, and I like specific styles I could never find.

Okay, so I spent a little too much money yesterday. I admit it. Of course, most of the items purchased are things I needed and for the dog. However, I was determined to find myself something, damnit, because I deserve it...and I'm pretty! Something sexy, something affordable, and something fun.

I came home with no shoes, unfortunately. There's something this season about shoes with cork heels and that kind of irks me. What I did come home with and the photo does not do it justice - a sensibly sexy, hot red shirt dress! I've always wanted a shirt dress but they never look good on me - until now! It's a little different than most of shirt dresses I have seen. This one is hemmed in under the chest so that it is a tight fit. The shoulders have a very slight -I don't know the word for it!- hem(?) so that it looks a little girlish. The buttons are close together, especially at the boobs. This dress makes me look slim, makes my boobs look as they look (not too big, not too small), and it doesn't hang off me like most shirt dresses too. It's a tight fit without looking trashy. It's a hot dress - it can be played down or dressed up, it could be worn on a casual Friday if you are a slightly naughty secretary (heh). I love it. And buying it (along with everything else) made me feel giddy and intoxicated and wanting a cigarette after my money was spent and it was all said and done.

Now, if only I had a place to wear this amazingly sexy dress to....

Tags: , , , , , ,

2 comments:

C. said...

Wear it to Winnipeg! heh =:-)>

Me said...

Heehee....
I'm planning on it!!!

~Linda