21 June 2007

Thursday, I am grateful...

Click on photo to enlarge!

...for dragonflies! You know, I'm no fan of insects and creepy crawlies but there are the rare exception. I love dragonflies. They're graceful, they are a wonder to look at, and I'm A-OK with them perching on me (a friend took a fantastic shot of me in a graveyard with a dragonfly on my finger, back in '99). As well, they eat mosquitoes. How can you not appreciate that? Perhaps, that doesn't cross your mind in Montreal as it would if you stopped in my hometown where they proudly boast the mosquito as their provincial bird.

Anyway, I love dragonflies and I get the feeling that all is well in nature when I see them. It's been a long time since I have seen one - much like seeing frogs back home, there used to be lots, once upon a time.

Tags: , , , , , ,

3 comments:

Vanessa Reynoso said...

What a great picture. They are so quick its often hard to get a good shot. I went to the gardens a while back and managed to take a picture of one.Boy, I was thrilled.

Anonymous said...

cool! Looks like a world war one german fighter plane.

Me said...

Aw, thanks!

Just call me the dragonfly whisperer - they always seem to stay put when I'm around! :)

~Linda