05 April 2007

Thursday, I am grateful...


...for not having *much* of a nervous breakdown while learning the fine art of origami!

After a godawful looking carrier pigeon, a raven, and a bat, I finally made something that actually looked alright. I was quite proud of my owl as I find those birds rather interesting. And then I took my scissors to it...to shape the owl's ear. As you can see, my owl has but one ear now. I shuddered a slow and agonizing "nooooooo!" like you hear in the movies. Still, a pretty good job if I do say so myself. He reminds me of the bald eagle from the Muppets.

I suppose I am more grateful for being able to feel a sense of peace and satisfaction while playing with such pretty paper - my fingers smoothing over folds and creases. I have this big grin on my face, at the very thought of it. I have a thing for stationary and office supply stores. I love feeling paper and stationary, I love the smell of it. I love getting ink stains on my hands. I have this fantasy of having my own office/library, just so I could be surrounded by books and fancy paper and lots of inky pens to stain my hands.

Is it getting hot in here, or is it just me?!


Tags: , , , , ,,

No comments: