27 April 2007

Friday, I am grateful...


...that I live in a nice and sturdy apartment building. I hope I don't come across sounding like I am comparing my housing situation to others, with this particular photograph.

Our last apartment wasn't so great, to put it politely. You've heard me complain about it before - awful neighbors, junkies squatting, water tank busting to cause a flood in my hallway, problems with trash (courtesy of the neighbors!), very high electricity bills even though it was such a small place, mice (right before we moved), etc. The building was cold. We had a view of a brick wall, for two of the windows. Oh, and a raccoon *almost* raided our kitchen! I could go on and on, trust me.

This particular photograph is not our old place. It is, however, in our neighborhood. There are a lot of half-assed renovations in St-Henri, especially when it doesn't involve the people who live in condos. It's too bad - some unknowing person will probably move into this place thinking it's a great deal...until something goes incredibly wrong. Much like our last place.


Tags: , , , , , ,

No comments: