22 March 2007

Thursday, I am grateful...


...for having a partner that tells it like it is.

I find that far too many girls get themselves in relationships with guys who coddle them. They give them plenty of affection and sweet words and mushy hugs when they are having a bad time or when they are feeling down about themselves. Now, there is nothing wrong with that. There is a time and place for everything. Sometimes all you need a hug and some sweet words and everything feels better.

My partner is logical. His words and advice are often blunt. His words can hurt. However, after the stupid tears have dried and thoughts are clearer – it all makes perfect sense. You can never properly work on yourself if you are with someone who tells you that everything will be okay and that they love you. Sometimes you need honest, blunt words to hit home and put you into action. I appreciate this about him and I am grateful for his brand of honesty (and, also, his playful slaps on my ass, tee hee).



Tags: , , , , ,

No comments: