08 March 2007

Thursday, I am grateful...


...for having a close set of female friends, even though they are so far away. In honor of International Women's Day, I thought I would post a photo of my ferocious female friends...and then I realized that most of the photos I have of us together involve a bit of booze and half shut eyes. I don't think they would approve.

This is one of my best friends and me, years ago in a local bar's bathroom. She's the kind of friend that you can not talk to for months and then when you finally do, it's like no time has passed. It's like we saw each other yesterday. She's there when I need here - even though we live far from each other. She makes me laugh over the silliest things like air guitar solos and fireworks and pink panties worn over our heads - you know, laughs that can only be had with one special friend. And I'm proud of her. She accomplished her dream of being a paramedic.

I'm glad to have many strong women as friends.

Tags: , , , , ,

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a smile! Can I be your bitch?

Linda said...

If that means you'll clean my house, sure.