04 March 2007

Sunday, I am grateful...


...for the music that touches me and takes me to another place. I'm a fan of music. I listen to all types. Once in a blue moon, I stumble across a certain musician that hits me. I turn on their music and I close my eyes, becoming lost in their song. My eyes tear up at the beauty of their voice, powerful words. I can be taken to another place and time. I will attach my own memories to a song, for a passing stranger or a broken heart.

I wonder what Jeff would be playing today...


Tags: , , , , , ,

6 comments:

Roberto Iza Valdes said...

It's amazing, isn't it? Best wishes!

Linda said...

It is!
It's a good feeling to experience! :)

I wish I could understand your blog...I'm looking forward to the English translations!

Anonymous said...

I finally had the chance to listen to it properly. I think haunting is a bloody good word for it. You were right about his voice, it's even more poignant because he's gone and drowned. Creepy. I felt like he was singing the song AFTER he died. Ever heard “Turkish Song of the Damned? Strangely that’s the feeling I get listening to it.

Linda said...

Oh, I'm glad that you did get a chance to listen to it and liked it as well!

I haven't heard that song you mentioned. Honestly, I have no idea where I would acquire such a song!

Anonymous said...

It's a Pogues song found on the album: If I Should Fall From Grace With God; song number two I think.

Linda said...

Ah, okay.
I'm not sure if I'd be cut out to listen to a whole album by them. Maybe I should just get past his teeth and then I'd like them more. :S