05 March 2007

Monday, I am grateful...


...for finally appreciating where I came from. And no, I didn't live in a lop-sided shack. I come from the prairies. Where you drive down a long highway, fields of gold surround you and the endless blue sky is above you. Once in a while, you see a piece of land with lonely old shacks that are on their last legs. As I child, my imagination went wild when I saw old abandoned buildings in the middle of nowhere. I'm still curious and I miss driving down the highway with my father, under the prairie skies. There is an amazing sense of relief coming home now and to be surrounded by nothing but endless land, after living in a big city for a while now. When I come home, I feel like I can breathe and stretch my arms out as far as they can go. Free.


Tags: , , , , , , , ,

4 comments:

Vanessa Reynoso said...

I love reading your photoblog. My husband (a friend of your Z.'s) turned me onto it. Keep up the good work!

Linda said...

Oh! Z...from Costa Rica? Cool!
Thanks for the comment, sometimes I think I'm talking to myself on this thing - haha.

Anonymous said...

You're not talking to yourself. It's part of my daily routine now. Keep it up, if for no other reason than making the day a little more interesting for the rest of us that do read/look at it. Freedom of the road, a great American tradition that underrated here in Canada. Anyone want to buy a cafĂ© racer motorbike t tour the country with? Let Linda know and she’ll hook you up with a great deal. *grins*

Linda said...

Glad I'm a part of your daily routine! Just like vitamins or bran flakes. I'm not funny in the morning, curses!

I'll let you know if anyone enquires about your bike!