16 March 2007

Friday, I am grateful...


...for those moments that take you by surprise, amuse you, make you giggle when you haven't giggled in so long. For those moments that lead to a story, a story you'll have with you for a long time. For surprising moments that spice up your ordinary day of work, of life.

And this is all symbolized in an old photograph of Steven Tyler and me, haha. Well, not really...but it's Friday and I'm sleepy. I feel like telling a story.

I used to manage a music store in Winnipeg. It was typically slow, except for lunch hour and Christmas (we catered to the downtown business crowd, so imagine the kind of crap I was forced to listen to). One day - one very normal and routine day - I was working, forcing my co-worker to vacuum (I did that when I was irked by something), ringing up those last sales and doing a little paperwork. And with little commotion, Steven Tyler just so happens to stroll into my wee store.

Now, I'm not a fan of Aerosmith. I'm not attracted to Mr. Tyler whatsoever. But when he asked me in a suave voice if we sold any dirty movies, I couldn't help but giggle like a girl and seductively say, "unfortunately not". When he touched my hair and said he liked my bangs, I giggled some more. I think my reaction surprised me more that meeting such a well-known musician.

I'm not proud that I had a slightly air-headed reaction to a celebrity. I just like moments in dull, routine days that take you by surprise. Even if it means giggly at the casual fan flirtations of Steven Tyler, whose thigh is the size of my wrist.


Tags: , , , , ,

2 comments:

Marie said...

I'm giggling here, too which is weird becuase my first language is not English, so I don't usually read between the lines. But your writing is more than simple written words. It's like I can feel the warmth beneath them.

Linda said...

First of all, I'm happy to make someone else laugh with my little stories. That makes me smile!

Secondly, thank you for the truly sweet comment! That made me smile too!