08 February 2007

Thursday, I am grateful...


...for trying something daring in the kitchen. Sometimes being domestic is a chore. When I first moved here, I only knew the basics of cooking and baking. A part of me felt a sort of dread when I started to learn a little more - am I actually being domestic? Am I actually officially some sort of housewife? And then one day, I swallowed those feelings. There is nothing wrong with finding a sense of joy in being domestic AND it can be fun at the same time. Along with those strange feelings connected to being domestic, I finally realized how much work my mother put into our household when I was growing up. I realized that and I felt like a huge jerk for not showing my appreciation as much as I should have.

I made spinach empanadas for the first time the other day. I am not ashamed to admit that I loved the satisfied look on my man's face and I only wished I could have shared this lovely meal with my mom who is so far away.



Tags:
, , , , , , , , ,

No comments: