24 February 2007

Saturday, I am grateful...


...for having a mother who sometimes thinks her daughter is still a kid. Not only that, a mom who sends really cool care packages in the mail! Those care packages remind me of home, remind me of being a kid. It's a comforting feeling at the end of a stupidly stressful day, full of bills and responsibilities and other such un-fun "adult" things. I'm brought a little closer to home. I'm brought a little closer to family. It's true, I don't need material items to know this. It's the gesture, more than anything. I'm glad that my mother has this way of making me feel like a kid again while taking away all the stressful things and shortening the distance between us with the power of the postal system and a box of Count Chocula cereal found on sale.


Tags: , , , , , , , ,

No comments: